Monday, April 13, 2009

Moving on Up (In this case down)


I am moving to Virginia in 19 days. That's right 19 days. Kyle and I get our apartment in 20 days!!! I am so excited. So I called all the places around town renting and asked them all a million questions and we were able to narrow it down to 3 places. I sent him out looking at them and he came back with our apartment. =) 2 Bedrooms, 750 square feet, central air/heat. . . It looks nice. It's priced nicely too at only 699/month. 


I am very excited, but I have to admit, I am a little sad. There are things that I know I will miss when I move out of Rhode Island, and the main thing I will miss is the beach. Being a little Rhode Island Girl, with grandparents who lived within walking distant of a private beach.... you could say I was spoiled. Just a little... ;-) I'll miss just the vastness of it. Especially in the wintertime/fall/spring. The times no one bothers to acknowledge it's beauty. I think that is when the beach is the most beautiful. So I know I will miss my beach when I'm down in Virginia. But I'll be with my baby!! It's all worth it. 

Moving is tough. I have to go through all my things and see what I have and what I don't use and what I'd want to take down, etc etc. Luckily, my mom is moving, so I have free dibs on any of her furniture/anything. She's moving in with her boyfriend, so I even get a pick from dishes, pots/pans, vases, you name it I can take it. 

This is definitely an exciting chapter in my life. A brand new start, and I cannot wait! I am also excited about going to a new CF center down in Richmond, VA. I think this is a great opportunity to really advocate for my health.  I do feel limited at my current clinic, because they have known me for so long. I switched over into the adult clinic a few months ago, but I am still well-known as it is a small clinic.

I think the move will open so many opportunities, and experiences. I think this is the best thing for me right now, and it's my life is all starting to fall into place. I was talking with Kyle's parents the other day, and I had mentioned that, and his father said "that's how you know it's meant to be, it just falls into place." Which is 100% true. You should never fight something, what happens is meant to happen, and if something is falling into your lap, whether it be good or bad, it's meant to be. And this is meant to be. 

So goodbye Rhode Island and your gorgeous beaches, and HEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOO Virginia -- with your hot summers and fantastic everything else! =D 

No comments: