Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ring in the New Year.



Hello 2009.

Two thousand and eight was a rough one. Working backwards,I caught MRSA from the last hospital stay, which was mentally tough as well as physically tough; my body just didn't want to seem to fight it off. I became extremely depressed beginning of fall semester =\ which didn't aid my health any. I missed Kyle, I was trying to cope with many, hard, life-awakening thoughts/decisions about my future. [Thank god for therapy now... yay!] I fell behind in school work, the whole deal. Missed all of october because I was in the hospital. Just not a good time.

Summer sucked because I was underpaid, I always overwork. Spring was tough because I felt so alone without friends. Kyle had gone back to school so I didn't even have the comfort of having him around.

Looking back there are things I wish I did differently, and things I am proud of. I am proud that I was able to improve my lung function 15% over the summer, and get it out of the 50's. I am happy that I had so many fun times with kyle and that I stayed active. I am grateful that I learned all my hard life lessons early.

I look where I am now, a month into the new year, and I am proud to see how far I've come. What I have accomplished. A year is a long time, and you can achieve a lot if you put your mind to it. I grew up a lot last year and I believe that was the best thing that happened to me. I matured, and finally accepted it and grew up. Granted, I still have a LOT of growing up still to do, but I'm more willing to try.

2009 holds many expectations and high hopes for me!!! By the end of '09 I hope to accomplish most, if not all of the following:
Finish up my first year at WGU. Becoming that much closer to an elementary school teacher.
Moved to Virginia, switching clinics, doctors, etc. [this step is scary!!! but oh so exciting]
Improve my mental state
Start being more physically active
Love my boyfriend every single day and tell him how great he is.

haha , the last one seems cheesy but its true. I really want to show him that I am in it for the long haul, that I'm working to be together too. I can hold my own. Showing him that I care enough about our future to do what's best, not necessarily what I want to do (because who wants to do meds when you could sleep?) but rather what i need to do.

So here's to a new year. Let it be a great one.
xox,
Elizabeth

No comments: