Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blah

I'm already tired. I don't know if that's because we just got back from a vacation and I didn't have time to rest up, or if its because this going to bed at 10:30 to wake up at 6 isn't cutting it.

Its day 5 of the new job-- sigh. Day 5 and there's a little bit of dread. I really don't enjoy the fact that she works from home. I feel that the kids should never cry. That in of itself is stressful. Of course they're going to cry! Thing 2 is 2 years old and has never heard the word sharing in her life. That = major melt downs at this age, and if it's close to nap time? Forget it!

I just feel so self conscious and I'm second guessing everything I do. Every. Little. Thing. It's A. annoying, and B. stressful. Also, I'm not a fan of when she comes down for a "break" and messes me all up because of course the kids want to see mom, but that's a no-no because she's still at 'work'. *rolls eyes*

But I can't quit. I just can't do it. I'm sure in a month or so I'll be more adjusted, and I'll have some routines established with the girls. But for right now, I want to cry. But that just might be the sleep deprivation talking (yea yea I know I got 7 hours of sleep but my little tiny self needs 9-10 to really function tip top).

Ugh, here I am whining whining whining. There's a reason there were so many coincidences, and I refuse to just give up like usual. It's only been 5 days! I managed 3 months with my first horrible family. I can at least manage 3 with this one, and then at the 3 month mark, if I'm crying every day. Well then we'll re-evaluate.

And this concludes the whining, self-indulgent pity party. The end.

2 comments:

Jenny Livingston said...

I have a cousin who was a nanny for one family for about a year. This situation sounds similar to hers... the dad (single guy) worked at home, but was never really "there". I don't envy you and in fact, between my cousin's and your stories, I'm certain I WILL NEVER BECOME A NANNY! I'm just not cut out for it, but I certainly admire you for sticking to it and giving it a real shot even though the circumstances suck.

Hang in there! ;)

Gem said...

Keep going!!!!! Of course it takes time to settle into a new job, especially nannying as kids are so unpredictable and they all have their own set routines and someone new coming in, their aim in life is to make things as hard for them as possible! Like you said give it a bit more time and if things still aren't working out, you tried it, this particular job wasn't for you. Wow I was serious for a whole 30 seconds there! Are you impressed! hahaha! Drop me an e-mail if you're totally fed up and need a rant. More than happy to listen/respond do what ever to help you!! :D Hugs!!! xxx