Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Livid

I am livid. LIVID. I cannot believe the excuses this woman makes for her children. Back story is needed here.

Allen decided one week in march that he just wasn't going to school because "he was sick" -- for a whole week? Bullshit. He didn't even have one symptom of being sick, the only thing he was, was tired. That my friends, comes from his mother letting him stay up past midnight on weekdays -- sorry SCHOOL days.

When he got his makeup work the next week, he decided he wasn't going to do any of that either. I reminded, and reminded, and bullied, but nothing. I told his mother "You know, Allen really has a lot of makeup work to do, including a 10 page science project" and left it at that and encouraged him nonetheless to do sheet by sheet of his makeup work.

Well a month has now passed and I was furious that he STILL hadn't bothered to work on the critter project -- and even more so that he lost the sheet. Well that was monday, when I told him "Tomorrow you will get another sheet and we will do it after school, do you understand?" Well, he found the sheet on monday. Didn't bother to do a single thing, and who found it? Jeanette. This kills me. She found it and she just let him not do it. Knowing full well it was due APRIL 2nd!

Well yesterday, I had had it, and made him do his project. This was his answer "Well, I'll just do two pages of it" (that was the deal we had 2 weeks ago, we'll do 2 pages a day till its done) Not anymore. I made him work on it till I left. (Only an hour. And he finished it! So quick and would have been quicker if he wasn't being a snooty little jerk about it: examples: "Can I just do it in my head? (rough draft --NO) Can I just do a real animal instead of making one up? (Not the project, NO) Can I research and look up online a hippo? (Why?...) I want to make my animal like a hippo (then use what you know about hippos and go from there). "

Excuse after excuse after excuse. That's all this kid does. I know he was upset, because it lookd like he was going to cry every 5 minutes, but hey sometimes kids need to realize, that yes make up work comes BEFORE video games. So next time you want to play video games for a week at home by yourself, be prepared for the consequences. That's all. That's the simple lesson I want him to learn.

Well get this, Jeanette texts me "Hey Beth, just want to let you know Allen and I will finish his critter project over the weekend :) " ---- are you freakin' kidding me? I texted her right back, and to be honest I was a little nasty. "Is there a specific reason why the project will be put off till the weekend? It was due over a month ago, and if he has time left w/me shouldn't he finish it?" (text 1) "I'm just curious because I have a feeling he complained that I was 'so mean' yesterday when I made him work on it"

No response. I tried to call her first. Nothing. Alright Jeanette if that's the way you want it fine by me. I will stop giving you sympathy when you complain that your kids don't listen, when you complain that all he does is play that video game, or they have attitude, or they throw a tantrum when they don't get what they want--- you know who throws tantrums Jeanette? Two year olds. Toddlers. You have two teenage Toddlers. They eat candy before dinner, they expect you to do everything and anything, they don't know the first thing about responsibility, and goodness, watch out if you get stern with them - bring on the waterworks!

Jeanette, all you're doing by letting allen push the project off AGAIN, by complaining to you that I was 'mean' is showing him that you are a pushover. He now has control over this situation; over you! I hope you know what you're getting into. And I hope you're praying for your kids everyday, because you are leading them down a terrible path. Watch out when Emily starts driving, who knows what kind of drugs she'll get into. (Oh yes J I said DRUGS, she was talking about alcohol the other day with Amelia, lovely isn't it? 8th grade and wanting alcohol)

And if you think Allen doesn't listen now, good luck later. It will only get worse. Stop making stupid excuses and set some boundaries. You are their mother, so you should start acting like it. SOON.

Phew. And now I need to go to 'work' where I refuse to do anything. Allen can do whatever he pleases I will occupy myself and just make sure people don't die.

Or you know what, I will make you feel like a bad person J. Evil, yes, but sometimes you need a slap in the face. I will clean your messy house for you today so when you come home you will feel like a jerk.

And if you come home, and confront me about my message, be ready to cry because I will dish it out honestly and completely. You need a good cold dose of reality, because you're still living in this fantasy world of yours. Well wake up Jeanette, wake up.

The end.

2 comments:

Gem said...

Eeeek! I hate little kids sometimes! They won't listen to anyone unless they are full on screaming at them. It sounds like you are being the responsible one and being concerned that he hasn't yet caught up. I don't understand why she isn't bothered? If she's ignoring you maybe you should just step back for a while. It's clear that you haven't done anything wrong- maybe she's just a bit embarrassed that she can't make him work... Hugs though- it's horrible feeling that cross!

Gem said...

Hi- I hope you find this! I can't find you on facebook! You could try adding me Gem Fifield (picture I'm the middle of 3 girls with bright pink sunglasses on hahah!) Thank you for your comment on my blog! I think I'm just being an overprotective older sister. It helps when someone else helps you realise that it's normal what she's doing! Anyway speak soon! Xx