Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh Tuesday

Yesterday I was exhuasted! Granted, I didn't get much sleep the night before; maybe I fell asleep around 1am only to get up 5 hours later at 6. Grrr

But last night, Kyle and I were in bed by 9:30pm -- what old farts are we right?? And I was alseep no later than 10:15. So instead of getting 5 hours of sleep I got 8! woohoo. And I feel more more awake this morning.

Work is going well. Although, every morning at 6am I regret working. I can't imagine what I'll be thinking for that first week of October when I need to go to work an hour earlier! It's funny, I like work, but hate it at the same time.

I know the schedule is good for me, I just wish I could start the schedule at eh 7:30? That would be good. Or even 8. But I'd settle for 7 or 7:30. This 6am deal is just getting a little old.

My sister is doing absolutely amazing! She's already moved into the step-down unit, out of the ICU. This is 5 days here people, 5 days! She was off the vent in a mere 12 hours after surgery!! Can you believe that?? I certainly can't. She's up and walking around. And by walking I mean she's practically doing marathons already. Yesterday she walked for a mile, on 0.5 L of 02. Walking. Amazing. More amazing is that 0.5 L and she wasn't out of breathe! Even chatted the whole way. She is truly one amazing gal. I can't wait till I can go home and we can do things together. Haha I'm going to be the one now going "Hold on, let me catch my breath" and huffing and puffing away. lol

On other, less important, but hilarious news... Goose escaped yesterday! When I came home from work he snuck out the front door into the Apartment complex hallway, and even had a little adventure outside when someone opened the door to get upstairs!

Luckily, our nice neighbor recognized the furry rascal when she was coming home from work and scooped him up outside and knocked on our front door. Oh what a sight to see! Our poor neighbor holding this squirmy little ferret in her hands. The look on my face must have been priceless!

I am so thankful that she saw him and caught him. He was outside for 45 minutes!!! What the heck did you do Goosey for almost a whole hour?? I would have felt awful if we didn't notice, and then when we looked for him at night and couldn't find him. We'd eventually go to bed thinking 'he'll come out eventually' but then he never would have!! I would have felt terrible. So thank you thank you thank you! My lovely kind neighbor. And now I'll be a little more careful of coming in and out of the house. xD

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Gem said...

Wow!!!! Your sister sounds like she's doing amazingly!!! Yay!! We need a skype session my dear! Hope you're ok! xxx